Taiping Orchid Society
1. The protem committee was formed in 1985, they are Chuah Cheow Soo, the late Khoo Boo Hin, Chuah Cheow Hup, Mr & Mrs. Lee Ah Ha, Ng Kim Chong, Kok Teen Foong, Choy Chong Swee, Phang Ah Kow, Ong Chong Aun, Pritam Singh, Halimah Ismail.
2. Registration was approved by the Registrar of Societies in 1988 with Chuah Cheow Soo as the first President.
3. A few years later,when Chuah Cheow Soo intended to migrate to Australia, Lee Han Weng took over as the President until 2005.
The main objectives are:
1. To promote orchid growing in Taiping and the surrounding areas for recreational as well as commercial purposes.
2. To organize exhibitions and competitions, forums, seminars and conferences on orchidiology.
The Present Office Bearers
President : Ooi Eng Huat
Deputy President : Ong Chong Aun
Vice President : Mohd Shahidan Othman
Hon. Secretary : Neoh Cheow Ching
Asst. Hon. Secretary : Tan Eng Khoon
Hon. Treasurer : Leong Lan Hua
Committee Members :
1. Goh Aik Chuan
2. Kok Teen Foong (Raymond)
3. Lau Ah Hai
4. Lau Boon Khoon
5. Mah Fook
6. Ooi Kee Swee
7. Tan Cheng Jin
8. Teh Thian Lai
9. V.M. Krishna
Motto of the Society
'Pelancongan dan Perpaduan Bersama Orkid'